Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

China - Beijing Field Office

Field Office Director

James Chiang

Service Area 

The Beijing Field Office has jurisdiction over Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, and Mongolia.   

Street Address

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Embassy - Beijing
No. 55 An Jia Lou Road
Beijing, China 100600.

Mailing Address from the US

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Unit 7300 Box 0624
DPO AP 96521-0624

Mailing Address from Outside the US

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy Beijing
No. 55 An Jia Lou Road
Beijing 100600

Express Mail Address

Same as the mailing address used for mailing outside of the United States.

Office Location

The Beijing Field Office is located at No. 55 An Jia Lou Road.

American Citizens and visa applicants should enter the USCIS Beijing Field Office at the Embassy's east gate. The east gate is located at the Tian Ze Road Intersection of An Jia Lou Road, close to Ladies' Street (Nüren Jie) and Laitai Flower Market, and opposite the Kempinski Hotel and Lufthansa Shopping Center.

Hours of Operation

The office is open to the public by appointment only and is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email

010-8531-3111 (from within China)
011-8610-8531-3111 (from the United States)

010-8531-3100 (from within China)
011-8610-8531-3100 (from the United States)

E-mail: (for general inquiries) (for inquiries regarding Form I-730 - Following-to-Join beneficiaries) 

Visiting the office in person

You can make an appointment online for general inquiries or to file for an immigration benefit in person via the USCIS INFOPASS appointment system.

Our office is unable to honor the American Citizen Services (ACS) appointment notices. We do not accept mailed-in applications. 

Processed By Appointment Only:

  • Information Inquiry
  • In-Person Filing of an Application or Petition
  • Interviews related to Forms I-730 

Form I-730

If you…

This office will…

Have a relative who is a beneficiary of a Form I-730 residing in:

  • Beijing,
  • Hebei,
  • Heilongjiang,
  • Inner Mongolia,
  • Jilin,
  • Liaoning,
  • Shanghai,
  • Shanxi, and
  • Tianjin

Contact you, your relative and any representative of record to initiate processing once it has received the Form I-730 from the appropriate USCIS Service Center.

Are the beneficiary of a Form I-730 filed with a USCIS Service Center and you reside in any of the provinces listed above.

Contact you, your petitioning relative and any representative of record to initiate processing and gather additional information and documents, once it has received the Form I-730 from the appropriate USCIS Service Center.

 Please Note: It is important to notify this office if the petitioner's, representative's, or beneficiary's contact information listed on Form I-730 has changed. Office contact information in Chinese can be found on the Embassy of the United States, Bejing’s website.

Due to customs delays, it may take up to two months for a Form I-730 forwarded by the service center to reach this office. Contact this office for case status inquiries only when  more than two months have passed since you received a Form I-730 Approval or Transfer Notice from the Service Center and you have not received any correspondence from USCIS during that two month period.

Walk-ins are not allowed. You must make an appointment and you are required to present a government issued photo identification.

Public Transportation

The nearest subway location is the Liangmaqiao stop on line #10.

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

Street parking is available outside the Embassy.

The building is accessible for individuals with special needs.

Paying Fees

Fees for applications and petitions are listed in the Forms section.

 This office does not accept fees. The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to the Beijing Field Office must be paid to the Cashier at the American Embassy in China. All fees must be paid in cash with U.S. dollars or Chinese RMB, or with U.S. issued Mastercard or Visa. Personal checks are not accepted.

On the day you file your petition you will receive a form, and will be asked to take the form to the American Citizen Services (ACS) office, located adjacent to our office in the Embassy, and you will pay the filing fee. ACS will give you a receipt as evidence that you have paid the fee and you will need to provide the receipt to USCIS.

The cashier hours at the American Citizen Services Section of the American Embassy in Beijing are 9a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4p.m.


Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the:

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
120-122 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330 Thailand

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100 


Immigration forms are available under the Forms section.

Applicants are strongly encouraged to always provide a clear and complete address written in Mandarin characters, as well as an e-mail address on all applications and correspondence filed with the Beijing Field Office.



For in-depth information about visas, please see the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

The Administrative Review Office DHS/CBP Minneapolis is responsible for all non-immigrant visa waivers with the exception of K visas which are adjudicated by USCIS.


Form I-407

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Forms I-600 & I-600A

The Beijing Field Office accepts advance processing applications (From I-600A) filed by prospective adoptive parents who reside with the Beijing Consular District. This office also provides fingerprinting services to prospective adopting parents who reside within the Beijing Consular District. Please note that orphan petitions (Form I-600) may only be filed at the Guangzhou, China office.

Information on international adoptions may be found in the Adoption section or on the Department of State adoption website.

 Form I-130

U.S. Citizens, with proof of residency in the jurisdiction of the Beijing Field Office of USCIS, (see above) may file an Immediate Relative Petition (Form I-130) by making an appointment to come in to the office during Window hours.  Examples of acceptable proof of residency documents would include: Chinese resident card, student or employment visa, passport stamps, employment contracts, and residential leases, to name a few.

To file Form I-130 with USCIS Beijing:

1. Make sure that all pertinent information on Form I-130 is completed and signed by the petitioner.

2. Submit originals of the following:
a. Registered marriage certificate for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
b. Proof of U.S. Citizenship of petitioner,
c. Proof of termination of any prior marriage(s) for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
d. Photographs – one U.S. passport-sized photo, attached with completed and signed Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
e. Birth certificate of the beneficiary. (If the original birth certificate is not available, you must obtain a certification letter, on formal letterhead, from your local Public Security Bureau reporting the beneficiary's name, both parents' names, date and place of birth, and registration of birth.),
f. Copies of the biographic page of valid passports for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
g. NOTE: The petitioner is required to bring copies and originals when filing. Originals will be returned to the petitioner after certifications of the copies are completed.
h. All documents not written in the English language must be accompanied by certified English translations.

3. After the petition has been approved, it will be sent to the Immigrant Visa Unit in the Embassy or Consulate you choose. You will need to contact the Immigrant Visa Unit for further questions on scheduling appointments, issuance of visas, etc.
Petitioners residing in a country with a USCIS office have the option of sending their I-130 forms to the Chicago Lockbox, or they may file their Forms I-130 at the international USCIS office having jurisdiction over the area where they live. If filing by mail, the Form I-130 must be sent to the Chicago Lockbox. The Beijing Field Office is unable to accept petitions by mail.


Form N-400

The Beijing Field Office is not able to accept or process Naturalization applications from U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) living overseas. See the Citizenship section for Naturalization eligibility criteria and the proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole

The Beijing Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for parole by submitting their applications to:

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131 and on the Humanitarian Parole section.

Form I-131 Re-entry

The Beijing Field Office does not issue or extend Re-Entry Permits. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry permit are found under the Travel Document section.

Refugee Travel Documents

The Beijing Field Office is not authorized to process applications for travel documents. Inquiries, from persons overseas, regarding these documents should be sent to:

Asia/Pacific District
USCIS, 15th Floor
120-122 Wireless Road
Bangkok, Thailand 10330


Form I-590

The Beijing Field Office is not able to directly receive refugee resettlement applications. If you believe you may be eligible for resettlement to the United States, you may contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) located at:

Regional Representation in China
1-2-1, Ta Yuan Diplomatic Office Building
14 Liangmahe Nan Lu
Beijing, China.

We are unable to check the status of any pending refugee resettlement applications. Inquiries on pending and previously denied refugee applications should be addressed to UNHCR, Overseas Processing Entity (OPE), or the Refugee Resettlement Section officer.

For general information and processing criteria, please see the Refugee section or visit the Department of State website.

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing  Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal.


Where to File
Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well at:

• Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility; and
• I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website.

Transportation Boarding Letters

Transportation Boarding Letters are handled by Customs and Border Protection Office. General inquiry on how to receive a Boarding Letter and appointment for submission request can be made at or 86-10-8531-3293.


Fingerprint Services

USCIS offers limited fingerprint services to overseas applicants filing for U.S. immigration benefits who present an appropriate letter from a domestic USCIS office stating that fingerprints services may be captured at an overseas office, or for applicants applying for expeditious naturalization under Section 319(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.


Last Reviewed/Updated: 06/16/2015