Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

China - Guangzhou Field Office

Field Office Director

Kevin J. Riddle

Service Area 

The Guangzhou Field Office has jurisdiction over the provinces: Anhui, Chongqing, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Sichuan, Xinjiang, Xizang (Tibet ), Xiamen, Yunnan, and Zhejiang.  

Street Address 

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Consulate General
43 Hua Jiu Road, Zhujiang New Town
Tianhe District
Guangzhou, China



Mailing & Express Mail Address 

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Consulate General
43 Hua Jiu Road, Zhujiang New Town
Tianhe District
Guangzhou, China



Hours of Operation 

The office is open to the public at 8:30 - 10:30am on Fridays. The Consulate is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email 

020-3814-5880 (within China)
011-8620-3814-5880 (from the United States)

020-3814-5883 (within China)
011-8620-3814-5883 (from the United States)


Inquiries may be sent via mail, fax, or e-mail. 

Visiting the office in person 


''V92'' follow-to-join asylum cases are scheduled by appointment only.

Appointments to submit Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, may be made for Tuesday or Thursday afternoons through InfoPass.


Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis during our public service window hours only. Walk-ins for cases other than V92 and adoptions are accepted during public service window hours.

Office Location and Public Transportation

Entrance at Huaxia Road near Zhujiang New Town Metro Station, Exit B1.

Paying Fees 

Fees for applications and petitions are listed on the Forms section of the USCIS website. Payment may be paid to the cashier at the American Consulate General Guangzhou.

There are a number of options available to make a payment:

  • Cash (with either U.S. dollars or Chinese RMB at the current exchange rate),
  • Traveler's checks, or
  • Credit card (American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted).
    Note: Personal checks are not accepted.

Customer Feedback 

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the office's mailing address, to the District Director using the following address::

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
120-122 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330 Thailand

If you feel you were mistreated by a USCIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a USCI employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to:

Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


Immigration forms are available in the Forms section of the USCIS website.

Applicants are strongly encouraged to always provide a clear and complete address written in Chinese characters, as well as an e-mail address on all applications and correspondence filed with our office.   


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407 

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Forms I-600 & I-600A 

The Guangzhou Field Office has delegated limited authority to the Department of State's Adopted Children Immigrant Visa Unit (ACIVU) to adjudicate non-Hague orphan petitions that are filed by U.S. Citizens who are adopting children from China. Orphan petitions that are deemed not readily approvable will be subject to further investigation by the Guangzhou office. The Guangzhou Field Office processes all Forms I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition filed by U.S. citizens residing anywhere in China.

Prospective adopting parents that live in China should make arrangements with the nearest embassy or consulate for fingerprinting and to have completed fingerprint cards, evidence of fee payment, and a home study report (including a cover letter from a U.S.-based adoption agency) sent directly to this office. Additional information regarding the Chinese adoption process can be obtained from the China Center for Adoption Affairs.

Prospective Adoptive Parents are advised to contact the USCIS office that approved their Form I-600A application beforeleaving the United States for their Department of State appointment, to verify that their fingerprint clearances are still valid.

For more information on the International Adoption Process, please review the Adoptions Section of the USCIS website.

Form I-130 

Forms I-130, Petition for Alien Relative are accepted from U.S. citizens with proof of residency within this consular district only. Additionally, petitions are only accepted for visa categories that are current. The petitions must be filed in person by the petitioner.  

U.S. Citizens who legally reside in the local area, can file Form I-130 by coming to the office during public service window hours only. We do not accept applications by mail.

To file Form I-130 with USCIS Guangzhou:

  • Complete the entire Form I-130. The petitioner must sign the form.
  • Submit originals of the following:
    • Registered marriage certificate for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
    • Proof of U.S. citizenship of petitioner,
    • Proof of termination of any prievious marriage(s) for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
    • Photographs - one passport-sized photo, attached with completed and signed Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
    • Birth certificate of the beneficiary. (If the original birth certificate is not available, you must obtain a certification letter, on formal letterhead, from your local Public Security Bureau reporting the beneficiary's name, both parents' names, date and place of birth, and registration of birth.),
    • Copies of the biographic page of valid passports for both the petitioner and beneficiary,
  • The petitioner must bring copies and originals when filing. We will return the originals to the petitioner after certifications of the copies are completed. All documents not written in the English language must be accompanied by certified English translations.
  • After the petition has been approved, it will be sent to the Immigrant Visa Unit. You will need to contact the Immigrant Visa Unit for further questions on scheduling appointments, issuance of visas, etc.

Form N-400

U.S. immigration offices overseas do not accept or process Form N-400, Application for Naturalization from U.S.lawful permanent residents (LPRs). See the Citizenship section of the USCIS website for information.

Form I-131 Parole 

The Guangzhou Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for parole by submitting their Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131 and on the Humanitarian Parole section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-131 Re-entry 

The Guangzhou Field Office does not issue or extend Re-Entry Permits overseas. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry Permit are found in the travel document section section of the USCIS website.

Form I-590

We are unable to receive refugee resettlement applications directly. For general information and processing criteria please see the Department of State website and the Refugee section of the USCIS website.

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal. 

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Our office will process your application if you submitted it on or before June 4, 2012. 

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website. 

You must deliver a written request to expedite adjudication to the USCIS Field Office Director. You must also provide evidence of the extraordinary and compelling circumstance.

If your request to expedite the adjudication of an I-601 waiver is approved, the USCIS office will notify you within 15 days of receipt of your request. If you do not receive a response within 15 days, then it is very likely that your request has been denied.

Please be aware that approval to expedite adjudication of an I-601 waiver application does not guarantee that you will be approved, but only that consideration and adjudication of the I-601 waiver application will be expeditiously handled. If additional evidence is required, the adjudication of your application may be delayed. You will receive a Request for Evidence if additional evidence is needed. If your request for expedited processing is denied, your waiver will be adjudicated within normal processing times.

Transportation Boarding Letters 

A transportation letter may be issued to a LPR to replace a lost or stolen. Application for a transportation letter must be made in person. Since these cases require extensive investigation, processing time can be extremely lengthy and it is not guaranteed that you will be issued a transportation letter. Additionally, Chinese authorities are under no obligation to accept a transportation letter as evidence that a person may lawfully depart the country.

The following documents will be required:
1. Proper Identification
2. Police Report or evidence of loss or theft of the Green Card
3. Proof of Residence in the United States within the last year
4. Passport size photographs (4)
5. Copy of your return airline tickets, if applicable
6. A Notarized statement that details your departure from the United States, your arrival to China, and when and how your Alien Registration Card was lost or stolen, is required.
7. If your Alien Registration Card is expired, explain why you departed with an expired card, or why you did not return to the U.S. before your card expired.
8. A certified translation of all documents that are not in the English language.

Processed By Appointment Only:

  • Interviews related to Forms I-730

Form I-730

If you…

This office will…

Have a relative who is a beneficiary of a Form I-730 residing in:

  • Anhui,
  • Chongqing,
  • Fujian,
  • Gansu,
  • Guangdong
  • Guangxi,
  • Guizhou,
  • Hainan,
  • Henan,
  • Hubei,
  • Hunan,
  • Jiangsu,
  • Jiangxi,
  • Ningxia,
  • Qinghai,
  • Shandong,
  • Shaanxi,
  • Sichuan,
  • Xinjiang,
  • Tibet (Xizang),
  • Xiamen,
  • Yunnan, and
  • Zhejiang

Contact you, your relative and any representative of record to initiate processing once it has received the Form I-730 from the appropriate USCIS Service Center.

Are the beneficiary of an I-730 filed with a USCIS Service Center and you reside in any of the provinces listed above.

Contact you, your petitioning relative and any representative of record to initiate processing and gather additional information and documents, once it has received the Form I-730 from the appropriate USCIS Service Center.


Please Note: It is important to notify this office if the contact information listed on Form I-730 for the petitioner, representative, or beneficiary has changed. Office contact information in Chinese can be found on the Consulate General of the United States, Guangzhou's website.

Due to customs delays, it may take up to two months for a Form I-730 forwarded by the service center to reach this office. Contact this office for case status inquiries only when more than two months have passed since you received a Form I-730 Approval or Transfer Notice from the Service Center and you have not received any correspondence from USCIS during that two month period.



Last Reviewed/Updated: 06/16/2015