Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Haiti - Port-au-Prince Office Field Office

Field Office Director

Margarette Nicolas

Service Area 

The Port-au-Prince Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration benefits in the French-speaking islands of the West Indies. The islands include: Haiti, Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Barthelemy and St. Martin.

Street Address

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services / DHS
U.S. Embassy
Boulevard 15 Octobre, Tabarre 41
Port-au-Prince, Haiti, W.I.

Mailing Address from the US 

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services / DHS
United States Embassy
3400 Port-au-Prince Place
Washington, D.C.. 20521-3400

Mailing Address from Outside the US 

Information not available.

Express Mail address 

Information not available.

Office Location

We are located a few miles away from the International Airport, in the New Embassy Compound in Tabarre and across the street from the Valerio Canez show room. Our office is next door to the Capital Coach Line and the United Nations buildings.

Hours of Operation 

7:00AM to 3:30PM Monday through Friday.  The office is open to the public, 7:00AM to 1:30PM Monday through Friday.

To obtain information regarding the welfare of U.S. citizens residing in Haiti, please visit the Dept. of State website at or call 1-888-407-4747.

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email 

From the U.S. dial: 011-509-2229-8000 extension 8409 or 8184
From within Haiti dial: 509-2229-8000

Please send faxes to 011-509-2229-8082

Please send e-mails to

Visiting the office in person

General information and Status update:
For general information or to check on the status of your case, you need to contact the USCIS office, by phone, Monday through Friday between 2:30PM and 3:30PM.

Walk-ins are accepted in our office on a first come-first served basis by following the new schedule.

Public Transportation

Information not available.

Parking & Handicap Accessibility 

Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.

Paying Fees 

Fees for applications and petitions are listed in the Forms section of the USCIS website. The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid with either U.S. dollars, in Cash or by any credit cards.  We do not accept any checks.

Customer Feedback 

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the:
District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
PO Box 9000,
Brownsville, TX 78520

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100

Receiving an Interview Notice for the Haitian Family Reunification Parole Program

Individuals who receive an invitation letter may apply for the Haitian Family Reunification Parole (HFRP) Program on behalf of certain relatives in Haiti by following the instructions on the invitation letter. For information about the HFRP Program, please visit

The Department of State National Visa Center schedules interview appointments in Port au Prince with beneficiaries. The National Visa Center will provide formal notification to the principal beneficiary in Haiti and to his or her petitioning family member in the United States with the time and date of the beneficiary’s scheduled interview.

On the date of their interview, beneficiaries should bring:

  • A government-issued form of identification;
  • Passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of the scheduled interview;
  • Original civil documents that establish the principal beneficiary’s relationship to the U.S. petitioner, and to derivative beneficiaries-- such as birth certificate, birth extract, marriage certificate, marriage extract, death and divorce certificates, as appropriate, as well as certified English translations of these documents;
  • A copy of the interview appointment notice; and
  • Medical examination results. For details on the medical examination requirements, please see

These documents must be presented to the officer for review on the date of interview. It is not necessary to bring updated federal income tax information, as requested for immigrant visa interviews. Petitioners are not required to attend the beneficiary’s interview in Haiti.

If the principal beneficiary cannot attend the interview, please contact USCIS in Port au Prince by email with “HFRP interview” in the subject line or by phone at 509-2229-8000 extensions 8184 and 8333.


Immigration forms are available in the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407 

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Forms I-600 & I-600A 

Form I-600 (Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative) and I-600A (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) must be submitted to the immigration office having jurisdiction over the place of adoption.

The USCIS Port-au-Prince Field Office participates in the Orphan First Pilot Program.

All documents that are not in the English language must be accompanied by a certified English language translation.

In addition to reviewing the information under the Adoption section on the USCIS website, which can be found to your right under Related Links, we also encourage U.S. citizens with pending adoption cases in Haiti to visit the U.S. Department of State website at for more information and updates.

Form I-130 

U.S. citizens who legally reside in Haiti may file Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) at the Port-au-Prince Field Office by mail or in person during normal business hours.

All documents that are not in the English language must be accompanied by a certified English language translation.

Form N-400 

U.S. Immigration offices overseas do not accept or process Naturalization applications from U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) that live overseas. Visit the Citizenship section of the USCIS Website for Naturalization eligibility criteria and the proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole 

The Port-au-Prince Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for Humanitarian parole by submitting their applications to:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131.

Form I-131 Re-entry 

The Port-au-Prince Field Office does not issue or extend re-entry permits. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry permit are in the How Do I Get A Travel Document section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-590 

The Port-au-Prince Field Office does not directly accept refugee resettlement applications. These should be filed with the State Department's local designated voluntary agencies in Port-au-Prince. We are also unable to check the status of any pending refugee resettlement application. Please contact the voluntary agency to which the application was submitted. Inquiries on previously rejected refugee applications should also be addressed to the voluntary agency with which the application was submitted.

For general information and processing criteria please see the Department of State website and the Refugee section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal.

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website.

Transportation Boarding Letters 

A transportation letter may be issued to a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident to replace a lost, stolen, mutilated or expired Alien Registration Card (Form I-551) by visiting the Port-au-Prince office during normal business hours.

The following documents will be required:

  1. Proper Identification
  2. Police Report for lost or stolen Alien Registration Card only
  3. Proof of Residence in the United States within the last year
  4. Proof of I-90 filing.


Information Notification Updates 
The USCIS Port-au-Prince Field Office requires all documents, which are submitted in support of an application or petition, must be accompanied by a certified English language translation if they are not in the English language.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 07/08/2015