Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Jordan - Amman Field Office

ALERT: USCIS Changes International District Names

Field Office Director

Natacha Lamour

Service Area

The Amman Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration matters in Jordan. The Amman Field Office has jurisdiction over refugee processing in Jordan, Israel, Syria, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

Street Address

American Embassy Jordan
Al Umawyeen Street
Amman, Jordan

Mailing Address from the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
Department of State
6050 Amman Place
Washington, D.C. 20521-6050

Mailing Address from Outside the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
P.O. Box 354
Amman, 11118 Jordan

Express Mail address

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy Al-Umawyeen Street
Amman, Jordan

Office Location

We are located at the U.S. Embassy building on Al Umawyeen Street in Abdoun, Amman.

Hours of Operation

The office is open Sun thru Thurs from 08:00 to 16:30.  The office is closed on Jordanian and American holidays.

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email

If calling from the United States, please dial 011 first.

Phone: For general inquiries, please call the following numbers: 962-6-590-6641 or if dialing locally call: 06-590-6744

Fax: For specific case inquiries, an email or fax is preferable. Our fax number is: 96-2-6-590-6760 or locally 06-590-6760

Email: Please contact:

Visiting the office in person

Appointments: To avoid delays, appointments should be requested via A response will be given within two working days.

Walk-ins: Walk-ins are not advised until further notice.

Paying Fees

Fees for applications and petitions are listed in the Forms section of the USCIS website. Fees may be paid using cash either US dollars or the equivalent in Jordanian Dinar (JD) (local currency) or by Visa/Master card. Personal checks are not accepted.

Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to:

Mailing Address from the United States:

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
United States Embassy
Unit 9500 Box 37
DPO AE 09624-0037

Mailing Address from Outside the United States and Express Mail:

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Via Sallustiana 49
00187 Roma, Italy

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:

Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links, or you may obtain them in person at the office.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the US Embassy Jordan website at

Form I-407

The abandonment of lawful permanent resident status is irrevocable. An individual who relinquishes lawful permanent resident status must qualify again for such status. Therefore, one should give careful thought to abandoning lawful permanent resident status.

If you wish to abandon your permanent residence and relinquish your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), please contact us by phone or email at for further instructions.

Forms I-600 & I-600A

Information on intercountry adoptions may be found at the Department of State website, in the Adoption section of the USCIS website, which can be found to your right under Related Links, or in person at the immigration office. All Forms and fees are collected at the Consular Section, and an appointment will be set to complete the processing.

Form I-130

U.S. citizens who reside locally for one year in Jordan may request an appointment for filing a Form I-130 by email.

Who May File In Jordan:

  • U.S. citizens who reside in Jordan may file at the USCIS Amman Field Office.
  • Individuals must present residence cards, resident permit stamps, and/or employment documents.
  • The filing fee can be paid in US dollars or JD (local currency) or by Visa/Master Card. The Embassy cashier cannot accept personal checks. Please consult the USCIS website for forms and fees.

For inquiries on this or any other information, please contact the Amman Field Office at 011-962 6 590 6744.

Form N-400

USCIS offices overseas are only authorized to process applications for naturalization for active duty military members and certain family members. See the USCIS website's section on Citizenship for Naturalization,which can be found to your right under Related Links, for eligibility criteria and proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole

The Amman Field Office does not issue humanitarian parole. Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131. The address that you should send the completed Form I-131 is:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067


Form I-131 Re-entry 

The Amman Field Office does not issue or extend Re-Entry Permits. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry permit are found under the How Do I Get A Travel Document section of the USCIS website, which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-590

For general information on the refugee program and refugee processing criteria please see the Department of State website or visit the Amman office's website at

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal.

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:


Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website.

Transportation Boarding Letters

U.S. lawful permanent residents (LPRs) whose documents have been lost, mutilated, or stolen, should contact the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at the U.S Embassy. ICE accepts walk-ins on Sunday from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.



U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS Amman takes fingerprints for persons who are residents of Jordan and who are:

  • Active-duty members of the military or their spouses who are applicants for naturalization; 
  • Spouses of U.S. government employees serving overseas and other applicants for expedited naturalization residing overseas; 
  • Prospective adoptive parents who are filing from overseas; or
  • Applicants for Refugee Travel Documents.

Limited fingerprinting services may also be available to overseas applicants filing for U.S. immigration benefits who present an appropriate letter from a domestic USCIS office stating that fingerprints are required, or in compelling circumstances.  Please contact our office for additional information.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 04/16/2014