Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Mexico - Monterrey Field Office

Field Office Director

Gilda Velasco

Service Area

The Monterrey Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration benefits and eligibility activities for the following six Mexican states only: Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi, Coahuila, Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, and Tamaulipas.

Street Address

Prolongacion Avenida Alfonso Reyes #150
Colonia Valle Poniente
Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon 66196

Mailing Address from the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
c/o United States Consulate General - Monterrey
P.O. Box 9002
Brownsville, Texas 78520-0902

Express Mail Address

USCIS-Monterrey Field Office
225 South Vermillion Ave
Brownsville TX 78521

Office Location

The office is located in the municipality of Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon. 


From the center of Monterrey:
Take Ave. Constitucíon towards Gonzalitos and cross the Santa Catarina River; take Ave. Morones Prieto west, continue past the consulate on the left and take the next turnaround to Prolongación Avenida Alfonso Reyes

From the west:
By Saltillo – Monterrey Cuota (toll road), after the Cuota turns into Highway 20, turn right on Prolongación Ave. Alfonso Reyes.

By Highway 54D/40, turn right on Movimiento Obrero and left on Canal Constitucíon, turn right on Ave. Morones Prieto, continue past the consulate on the left and take the next turnaround to Prolongación Avenida Alfonso Reyes.

Hours of Operation

The office is open to the public Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The office is closed on Mexican and American holidays.

Phone, Fax Numbers & E-mail

Phone: For General inquiries in Spanish or English, please call the following numbers:
011-52-81-8047-3143 and 202-370-6463 (from the US)
81-8047-3143 (From within Mexico)
8047-3143 (From within Monterrey)

For specific case inquiries, a fax is preferable, our fax number is:
81-8343-0543 (From Mexico)
8343-0543 (From Monterrey)


Visiting the office in person

If you need to meet with a specific officer, please call the office and schedule an appointment.

Walk-in inquiries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.

Public Transportation
The following bus routes go to the Consulate via central Monterrey or San Pedro:
R-126 Fama Castillo
R -130 San Pedro (por Matamoros- Juárez o Carlos Salazar)

* Bus routes may change, please confirm with local transit authorities or via:

* The estimated travel time from downtown Monterrey to the new Consulate is approximately 30 – 45 minutes, depending on the traffic conditions and weather. Transit on bus may take longer.

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

There is limited parking available.

Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.

Paying Fees

Fees for applications and petitions are listed in the Forms section of the USCIS website. The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid with either Mexican Pesos, U.S. dollars, U.S. Postal Money Orders or credit card (Visa and Mastercard). Personal checks are not accepted. Fees should be paid to the cashier in the Department of State's Consular Section.

Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the:
District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
PO Box 9000,
Brownsville, TX 78520

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


 Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Form I-130

 U.S. Citizens that reside in Mexico that are in possession of a Mexico Migration Form 2 or 3 (FM2/FM3) may file a petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) by visiting our office or by mail.

Form N-400

U.S. immigration offices overseas do not accept or process Naturalization applications from U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) that live overseas. See the Citizenship section of the USCIS Website for Naturalization eligibility criteria and proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole

The Monterrey Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for Humanitarian Parole by submitting their applications to:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067


Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131 and in the Humanitarian Parole Section of the USCIS Website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-131 Re-entry

The Monterrey Field Office does not issue or extend Re-Entry permits. To find instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-entry permit see the How Do I Get A Travel Document section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-590

The Monterrey Field Office does not directly accept refugee resettlement applications. These applications should be filed with the Department of State's local designated voluntary agencies in Monterrey. We are also unable to check the status of any pending refugee resettlement application. Please contact the voluntary agency to which the application was submitted. Inquiries on previously rejected refugee applications should be addressed to the voluntary agency with which the application was submitted.

For general information and processing criteria please see the State Department website and the Refugee section on the USCIS Online Website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal. 

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Our office will process your application if you submitted it on or before June 4, 2012. 

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website. 

If you filed a Form I-601 with this office on or before June 4, 2012, and it is still pending, you may request that the USCIS office expedite adjudication of your application when there are extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive, compelling, and would require you to be in the U.S. sooner than would be possible if your application was processed under a normal time frame. A strong desire to immigrate to the United States as soon as possible is not by itself “extraordinary.”

You must deliver a written request to expedite adjudication to the USCIS Field Office Director. You must also provide evidence of the extraordinary and compelling circumstance.

If your request to expedite the adjudication of an I-601 waiver is approved, the USCIS office will notify you within 15 days of receipt of your request. If you do not receive a response within 15 days, then it is very likely that your request has been denied.

Please be aware that approval to expedite adjudication of an I-601 waiver application does not guarantee that you will be approved, but only that consideration and adjudication of the I-601 waiver application will be expeditiously handled. If additional evidence is required, the adjudication of your application may be delayed. You will receive a Request for Evidence if additional evidence is needed. If your request for expedited processing is denied, your waiver will be adjudicated within normal processing times.

Transportation Boarding Letters

The Monterrey Field Offices issues transportation letters.  Please visit the Monterrey USCIS Field Office during normal business hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 am to 1:00pm) to obtain a list of required documents for the issuance of the Transportation Boarding Letter.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 06/16/2015