Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Peru - Lima Field Office

Field Office Director

Patrick Lujan

Service Area

The Lima Field Office has jurisdiction over immigration benefits and services in the following countries: Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Uruguay, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Suriname, and Venezuela.

Street Address

United States Embassy
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Avenida Encalada Cuadra 17 s/n
Monterrico, Lima 33, Peru

Mailing Address from the US

8700 Lima Place
Washington, DC  20521-3230

Mailing Address from Outside the US

United States Embassy
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Avenida Encalada, Cuadra 17 s/n
Monterico, Lima 33, Peru

Office Location

See street address above.

Hours of Operation

The Lima Field Office is open to the public on Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.  The office is closed on American and Peruvian Holidays.

Appointments:  Appointments are not necessary during public walk-in hours.
Public Walk-in Hours: Walk-in customers are processed on a first-come, first-served basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00AM to 11:00AM. 

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email

Telephone: For general inquiries in Spanish and English, please call the following number: (011) (511) 618-2000.

Fax: Please send faxes to:(011)(511) 434-2483

E-mail: Please send e-mails to

Visiting the office in person

Appointments: All business is handled on a walk-in basis.

Walk-ins: Walk-ins are handled on a first-come, first-served basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.

Public Transportation

Public bus and taxi service is readily available.    

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

There is no public parking available.  The Embassy is handicap accessible.

Paying Fees

The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to USCIS must be paid either in cash, in U.S. dollars or Peruvian soles, or by credit card.  Payment is made to the Consular cashier.  If paying in cash, the full amount must all be paid in the same currency.  The Consular section does not accept checks or money orders.

Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the:
District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
PO Box 9000
Brownsville, TX 78520

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Forms I-600 & I-600A

Information on international adoptions may be found at the Department of State website and in the Adoption section on the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-130

The Lima Field Office will accept and process Alien Relative Petitions for U.S. citizens that reside in Peru. U.S. who reside in the United States must file those petitions at the immigration office in the United States that has jurisdiction over the petitioner's place of residence.

Form N-400

U.S. immigration offices overseas do not accept or process Naturalization applications from U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) that live overseas. See the Citizenship section on the USCIS website for Naturalization eligibility criteria and the proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole

The Lima Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for Humanitarian Parole by submitting their applications to:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131.

Form I-131 Re-entry

The Lima Field Office does not issue or extend Re-entry permits. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-entry permit are in the How Do I Get A Travel Document section on the USCIS website which can be found to your right under Related Links.

Form I-590

The Lima Filed Office is unable to receive refugee resettlement applications directly.  Those who are in Peru and wish to inquire about receiving asylum or refugee protection or about protection benefits available to victims of human trafficking may do so by contacting UNHCR or ACNUR in Lima, Peru.  Their telephone number is: (011) (511) 461-3480 when calling from the United States or (511) 461-3480 when calling from within Peru. 

For general information and processing criteria, please see the Department of States website and elsewhere in the USICS Online Website which can be found to your right under Related Links. 

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal. 

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Our office will process your application if you submitted it on or before June 4, 2012. 

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website. 

If you filed a Form I-601 with this office on or before June 4, 2012, and it is still pending, you may request that the USCIS office expedite adjudication of your application when there are extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive, compelling, and would require you to be in the U.S. sooner than would be possible if your application was processed under a normal time frame. A strong desire to immigrate to the United States as soon as possible is not by itself “extraordinary.”

You must deliver a written request to expedite adjudication to the USCIS Field Office Director. You must also provide evidence of the extraordinary and compelling circumstance.

If your request to expedite the adjudication of an I-601 waiver is approved, the USCIS office will notify you within 15 days of receipt of your request. If you do not receive a response within 15 days, then it is very likely that your request has been denied.

Please be aware that approval to expedite adjudication of an I-601 waiver application does not guarantee that you will be approved, but only that consideration and adjudication of the I-601 waiver application will be expeditiously handled. If additional evidence is required, the adjudication of your application may be delayed. You will receive a Request for Evidence if additional evidence is needed. If your request for expedited processing is denied, your waiver will be adjudicated within normal processing times.

Transportation Boarding Letters

The Lima Field Office will assist U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, who are temporarily in Peru and who have lost or had their Alien Registration Cards stolen, by providing Transportation Boarding Letters during public walk-in hours.

The following documents will be required:
1. A completed application form that is available at this office
2. A valid passport
3. Two photographs
4. A ''denuncia'' from the Peruvian National Police

There is no filing fee associated with this service.

Information Notification Updates

Fiancee Petitions (Form I-129F):
Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) may not be filed at the Lima USCIS field office.  Please see the I-129F filing instructions on the USCIS website. 

Last Reviewed/Updated: 04/20/2015