Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Russia - Moscow Field Office

ALERT: USCIS Changes International District Names

Field Office Director

Emery Moore

Service Area

The Moscow Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration matters in the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.

Street Address

United States Embassy
Novinskiy Bulvar 19/23
Moscow 121099
Russian Federation

Mailing Address from the US

Field Office Director

5430 Moscow Place

Dulles, VA 20189

Mailing Address from Outside the US

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
8 Bolshoi Devyatinskiy Pereulok
Moscow 121099
Russian Federation

Express Mail address

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy
8 Bolshoi Devyatinskiy Pereulok
Moscow 121099
Russian Federation

Office Location

We are located on the Garden Ring in central Moscow.

Hours of Operation

The Moscow Field Office is open for public inquiries Monday through Friday. The office is closed on American and Russian holidays.

Please see our webpage at to obtain an appointment. An appointment is necessary.

Phone, Fax Numbers & E-mail

For general inquiries in Russian or English, please call (7-495) 728-5236 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
If calling from the United States, please dial 011 first.

Please send faxes to (7-495) 728-5083.

Please send e-mail to

Visiting the office in person

Appointments for filing form I-600 and I-600A are scheduled from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM and can be made via the Internet at Choose your country of residence under the list of countries rather than entering a zip code. This will allow you to select an appointment with the appropriate USCIS office. Please bring a printout of your INFOPASS appointment letter and a photo ID with you to the appointment.

The office does not accept walk-ins.

Public Transportation

The nearest subway stations are ''Barrikadnaya'' and ''Krasnopresnenskaya.''

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

Parking is not readily available near the office.

Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.

Paying Fees

Fees for applications and petitions are listed on the Forms section of the USCIS website. The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid with either U.S. dollars or rubles to the Embassy cashier, after petitioners have submitted their documents at the DHS/CIS intake windows. The cashier window closes at 4:00 PM. The Embassy cashier does not accept checks or credit cards.

Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Field Office Director at the address given above, or to the District Director

Mailing Address from the United States:

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
United States Embassy
Unit 9500 Box 37
DPO AE 09624-0037

Mailing Address from Outside the United States and Express Mail:

District Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Via Sallustiana 49
00187 Roma, Italy

If you feel you were mistreated by a U.S. immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a U.S. immigration employee, you may write to the District Director, or write directly to the:
Department of Homeland Security
Attn: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


 Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.


 For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407

The abandonment of lawful permanent resident status is irrevocable. An individual who relinquishes lawful permanent resident status must qualify again for such status. Therefore, one should give careful thought to abandoning lawful permanent resident status.

If you wish to abandon your permanent residence and relinquish your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), please see our contact information above.

Forms I-600 & I-600A

U.S. Citizens that reside in the Moscow Sub-Office's jurisdiction may file Form I-600 or I-600A. Please see the appointment section above for how to make an appointment to file.. It is recommended that applicants call in advance to make appointments for fingerprints. If a U.S. citizen chooses to file Form I-600A at another embassy or consulate within our jurisdiction, that embassy or consulate will forward the form and supporting documentation to us.

Information on intercountry adoptions may be found on the Department of State website and in the Adoption section on the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.

Form I-130

U.S. Citizens that reside in the Russian Federation may file petitions for immediate relatives in person at the Moscow Field office during business hours.

Who May File and When
The Moscow Field Office at the United States Embassy, accepts Form I-130 ''Petition for Alien Relative'' from U.S. Citizens living in the Russian Federation who are filing for their spouse, parent, or unmarried child under 21 years of age. Petitions from U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents and petitions for relatives other than those mentioned fall into different visa categories and must be filed in the United States.

U.S. Citizens MUST file their petitions in person. If a U.S. Citizen is filing for a spouse, it is recommended that the spouse also appear so that immigration officials may ask any questions necessary for the adjudication of the petition.

To file Form I-130 in Moscow:

  1. U.S. Citizens must establish that they have resided in the Russian Federation for the previous six months in order to file at the Moscow office.
  2. To establish the residency requirement, U.S. Citizens should submit one or more of the following:
    - Multi-entry Russian visa
    - Proof of local registration
    - Work contract
    - Apartment lease
    - U.S. military ID and evidence that the U.S. Citizen is stationed overseas,
    - Or other documents.
  3. Documents that prove the relationship between the U.S. Citizen petitioner and the non-U.S. citizen beneficiary should be submitted along with photocopies. Such documents include a marriage certificate, divorce or death certificates from previous marriages, and name-change certificates.
  4. Documents not in English must be submitted with English translations. Translations do not need to be notarized but should be signed by the translator and accompanied by a statement that the translation is accurate and that the translator is competent to translate.
  5. It is recommended that you provide a photocopy of any visas to the United States that your relative has been issued. If your relative has been under immigration proceedings previously, it is recommended that your relative provide detailed information about these proceedings. This will often speed the processing of your petition.

Filing Fee

The fee for filing an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative must be paid in cash (dollars or rubles) at the embassy cashier AFTER the petitioner has submitted his documents to be checked. Additional fees are charged for the immigrant visa part of the process. See the Immigrant Visa Unit or the embassy cashier for a list of these fees. The cashier closes at 4:00 PM.


The I-130 petition will be adjudicated at the Moscow Field Office. After your petition has been approved, it will be forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit, which will contact your relative directly to schedule the visa interview. If you have further questions about your case after petition approval, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit by e-mail at:

(The immigrant visa unit has no open public hours)

Form N-400

USCIS offices overseas are only authorized to process applications for naturalization for active duty military members and certain eligible family members. See the Citizenship section on the USCIS Website for Naturalization eligibility criteria and the proper filing procedures.

Form I-131 Parole

The Moscow Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for Humanitarian Parole by submitting their applications to:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067


Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131.

For individuals who received parole under the Lautenberg refugee program, please see Refugee Eligibility Criteria below.

Form I-131 Re-entry

Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry Permit in the How Do I Get A Travel Document section of the USCIS website.

The Moscow Field Office does not issue or extend Re-Entry Permits.

Form I-590

Please note that the time period for accepting applications for the Lautenberg refugee program has ended. If you have any further questions, please contact  the International Office for Migration website at For general information and processing criteria please see the Department of State website and the Refugee section on the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.

Applicants who want to apply for refugee status other than through the Lautenberg refugee program should contact the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The contact information in Moscow is:

Izmailovskiy Bulvar 39/41
Moscow, Russia 105264

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal. 

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Our office will process your application if you submitted it on or before June 4, 2012. 

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website. 

If you filed a Form I-601 with this office on or before June 4, 2012, and it is still pending, you may request that the USCIS office expedite adjudication of your application when there are extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive, compelling, and would require you to be in the U.S. sooner than would be possible if your application was processed under a normal time frame. A strong desire to immigrate to the United States as soon as possible is not by itself “extraordinary.”

You must deliver a written request to expedite adjudication to the USCIS Field Office Director. You must also provide evidence of the extraordinary and compelling circumstance.

If your request to expedite the adjudication of an I-601 waiver is approved, the USCIS office will notify you within 15 days of receipt of your request. If you do not receive a response within 15 days, then it is very likely that your request has been denied.

Please be aware that approval to expedite adjudication of an I-601 waiver application does not guarantee that you will be approved, but only that consideration and adjudication of the I-601 waiver application will be expeditiously handled. If additional evidence is required, the adjudication of your application may be delayed. You will receive a Request for Evidence if additional evidence is needed. If your request for expedited processing is denied, your waiver will be adjudicated within normal processing times.

Transportation Boarding Letters

For U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) whose documents have been lost or stolen, the Moscow Field Office can sometimes issue Transportation Letters. LPRs who have been outside of the United States on temporary visits should bring any documents they have to their appointment.



U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS Moscow takes fingerprints for persons who are residents of Russia and who are:

  • Active-duty members of the military or their spouses who are applicants for naturalization; 
  • Spouses of U.S. government employees serving overseas and other applicants for expedited naturalization residing overseas; 
  • Prospective adoptive parents who are filing from overseas; or
  • Applicants for Refugee Travel Documents.

Limited fingerprinting services may also be available to overseas applicants filing for U.S. immigration benefits who present an appropriate letter from a domestic USCIS office stating that fingerprints are required, or in compelling circumstances.  Please contact our office for additional information.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 04/16/2014