Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Thailand - Bangkok Field Office

Field Office Director

Gregory Sanders

Service Area

The Bangkok Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration benefits for the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, East Timor, Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong.

Street Address

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Sindhorn Building
Tower 2, 15th Floor
130-132 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Mailing Address from the U.S.

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy Box 12
APO AP 96546

Mailing Address from Outside the U.S.

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy Box 12
120-122 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330 Thailand

Express Mail address

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy Box 12
120-122 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330 Thailand

Office Location

The Office is located next door to the U.S. Embassy on Wireless Road.  The office is situated in the Sindhorn Building, Tower 2, 15th Floor. A guard at the embassy can direct you to the building.

Hours of Operation

The office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Please note that the office is closed on Thai and American holidays.

The office is located in a time zone that is 12 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Standard Time

Phone, Fax Numbers & E-mail

02-205-5352 or 02-205-5382 (within Thailand)
011-662-205-5352 (from the United States)


Visiting the office in person

Appointments: To make an appointment, please contact us by phone.

Walk-ins: Walk-ins are accepted on a first come, first served basis.

Public Transportation

Located on Wireless Road in between the Ploenchit BTS station and Lumpini MRT.  

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

Pay parking is available in Sindhorn Tower.

Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.

Paying Fees

Fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid with the following monetary instrument:  U.S. and International money orders, U.S. treasury checks, cashier's checks, bank drafts, bank money orders all need to be drawn in U.S. dollars and issued by a U.S. banking institution.  If paying in person at the U.S. Embassy cashier you may also pay with visa or MasterCard as well cash U.S. dollars and the local Thai currency. Personal checks sent in by mail are not accepted. All forms of payment must be payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Customer Feedback

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, or if we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the District Director at the mailing address listed above.

If you feel you were mistreated by a USCIS employee, or wish to make a misconduct complaint regarding a USCIS employee, you may write to the District Director, or you may directly write to

Department of Homeland Security
Attn:: Chief, International Operations Division
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20529-2100


Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-407

You should submit your Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status, in person or by mail if you wish to abandon your lawful permanent resident status. 

If you wish to abandon your permanent resident status and give up your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) in person, please see the section above, Visiting the Office in Person, for information on making an appointment and office hours.  If you wish to submit a Form I-407 by mail, please use the mailing address listed above and include your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), if available. 

The Form I-407 and instructions are available on the Form I-407 Web page

Forms I-600 & I-600A

For prospective adoptive parents residing in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Burma, Laos, and Taiwan who wish to file a combined I-600/I-600A, Petition to Classify Orphan  as an Immediate Relative and Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, the I-600 petition may be submitted to the Bangkok Field Office by mail or in person during normal business hours. Prospective adoptive parents residing in the same listed countries who have an approved I-600A may file the I-600 petition with the Embassy in the country of residence.  Prospective adoptive parents who reside in Thailand and who already have an approved I-600A that meets the grandfathered definition may filed the I-600 with the Bangkok Field Office.  Prospective adoptive parents who already have an approved I-600A that meets the grandfathered definition who reside in Australia and New Zealand may submit the I-600 petition to the Embassy in that country. 

For specific information on international adoption and procedures please see the Department of State website and the Adoption section on the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.

Form I-130

U.S. citizens residing in Thailand may file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, at the Bangkok Field Office in person during normal business hours.

Form N-400

USCIS Bangkok has jurisdiction to process N-400 naturalization applications for active duty service members as well as their eligible spouses and children residing overseas with them on their orders.  

Form I-131 Parole

All requests for Humanitarian Parole for individuals residing under the jurisdiction of the Asia/Pacific (APAC) District must be submitted to:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131.

Form I-131 Refugee Travel Document

The Bangkok Field Office, in limited circumstances, has jurisdiction to accept and approve refugee travel document applications within Thailand and throughout the jurisdiction of the APAC District.  Please note that if you have already previously applied for a refugee travel document you are not eligible to apply for the document overseas.  If eligible to apply overseas, the application may be accepted at the discretion of the District Director.  If District Director uses his/her discretion to accept an application from you, the application may be submitted to a USCIS office, if there is one in the country you are visiting, or to a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in countries that do not have a USCIS presence.

Form I-590

The APAC District does not directly accept refugee resettlement applications. In general, a person seeking admission to the United States as a refugee should present him/herself to the U.S. Department of State or to the local United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) or U.N. Development Program Office when there is no UNHCR presence in country.

For general information and processing criteria, please see the Department of State and the Refugee section on the USCIS website which can be found on the right under related links.

Filing Form I-601 and I-212 from Abroad

If you are abroad and otherwise approved to immigrate to the United States, but a Department of State Consular Officer found you ineligible to enter because of one or more grounds of inadmissibility for which a waiver may be available, you may apply for a waiver by filing Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

If you left the United States voluntarily after being issued an order of deportation or removal, were deported or removed, or re-entered the U.S. unlawfully after previously accumulating more than one year of unlawful presence, you may apply for readmission to the U.S. by filing Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission Into the United States After Deportation or Removal

Where to File

On June 4, 2012, USCIS changed where waiver applications are filed. This will provide more efficient and consistent application processing, and allow you to track your case status online. You may also request an email or text message confirming receipt of your waiver by completing and attaching Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance to your application.

Waiver applications and supporting evidence should be mailed directly to the USCIS Lockbox. You may find the address for the appropriate USCIS Lockbox in the form instructions, as well as in the USCIS website at:

Our office will process your application if you submitted it on or before June 4, 2012.  

Please see the policy memorandum, Exceptions for Permitting the Filing of Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, and any associated Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal, at an International USCIS Offices, for more information.

I-601 Expedited Adjudication Requests

If you are sending your application to the USCIS Lockbox and believe you have extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive and compelling, you may attach a written request to have your application expedited at the time of filing.

If you have already submitted your application to the Lockbox, you can make an expedite request by either contacting the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) directly by email, or by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center.

For information on how to contact the NSC and our National Customer Service Center, please visit the Contact Us page on the USCIS website. 

If you filed a Form I-601 with this office on or before June 4, 2012, and it is still pending, you may request that the USCIS office expedite adjudication of your application when there are extraordinary circumstances that are time-sensitive, compelling, and would require you to be in the U.S. sooner than would be possible if your application was processed under a normal time frame. A strong desire to immigrate to the United States as soon as possible is not by itself “extraordinary.”

You must deliver a written request to expedite adjudication to the USCIS Field Office Director. You must also provide evidence of the extraordinary and compelling circumstance.

If your request to expedite the adjudication of an I-601 waiver is approved, the USCIS office will notify you within 15 days of receipt of your request. If you do not receive a response within 15 days, then it is very likely that your request has been denied.

Please be aware that approval to expedite adjudication of an I-601 waiver application does not guarantee that you will be approved, but only that consideration and adjudication of the I-601 waiver application will be expeditiously handled. If additional evidence is required, the adjudication of your application may be delayed. You will receive a Request for Evidence if additional evidence is needed. If your request for expedited processing is denied, your waiver will be adjudicated within normal processing times.

Transportation Boarding Letters

USCIS does not issue transportation letters at its Bangkok Office.  If you are in need of a transportation letter and you live in Thailand, please contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service located at the Sindhorn Bldg. on Wireless Road, Tower 2, 15th Floor.  You may also contact CBP by telephone at 02-205-5391.

The following documents will be required

  1. Proper Identification
  2. Police Report
  3. Proof of Residence in the United States within the last year
  4. Passport size photographs (4)
  5. Copy of your return airline tickets if applicable


Last Reviewed/Updated: 08/07/2015