Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Archive Content

In an effort to keep the USCIS website current, the archive contains content that is five years and older or otherwise outdated.

USCIS Urges H-2A and H-2B Petitioners to Use the New Form I-129

WASHINGTON — U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds petitioners who participate in the H-2A agricultural temporary worker program and the H-2B nonagricultural temporary worker program to use the new Form I-129, “Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker,” which contains the H Classification Supplement.

USCIS published the final rules for the H-2A classification (73 FR 76891) and the H-2B classification (73 FR 78104) in December 2008 with effective dates of Jan. 17, 2009, and Jan. 18, 2009, respectively.   These final rules necessitated revising the H Classification Supplement to the Form I-129.  The new Form I-129 with the Jan. 22, 2009 revision date incorporates all necessary changes on account of the H-2A and H-2B final rules and should be used in lieu of the older version.  Petitioners who file using an older version of the form for the H-2A and H-2B classifications will experience delays because they will receive a request for the revised H Classification Supplement to the Form I-129.  Although previous editions of the Form I-129 are still accepted, petitioners seeking H-2A and H-2B classifications are urged to use the most current version of the Form I-129 posted on the Web site.

More information about the H-2A and the H-2B programs is available at or by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1 (800) 375-5283.


Last Reviewed/Updated: 06/17/2013