Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-131 (Advance Parole Document)

The steps to e-File this form are:

  1. We recommend reading the form instructions first.
  2. Check the "E-Filing Eligibility" chart below to see if you are eligible to e-File.
  3. If you are eligible, go to the e-Filing log-in page and fill out Form I-131 online.
  4. Once payment is made, we will provide you with an electronic confirmation receipt that:
    • Includes your receipt number.
    • Tells you where to mail the required supporting documents listed in the form instructions. If you do not send the required documents to the address listed on the confirmation receipt, your application may be delayed or denied.
    • USCIS will mail you a Form I-797, Notice of Action.  This is the notice you should use as evidence that you filed this application.  If biometric services are required, we will send you an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center.
  5. The USCIS office where your case is assigned will adjudicate your application.

E-Filing Eligibility

You may e-File Form I-131 if:You may not  e-File Form I-131 if:
  • You are applying for an advance parole document; and,
  • You have a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status, and must pay a fee for Form I-131; or,
  • You have a pending or approved Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status.
  • You are applying for a refugee travel document or reentry document.
  • You have a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Status or Adjust Status, and you are eligible to file the I-131 for no additional fee.
  • You are applying for a filing fee waiver.
  • You are filing for humanitarian advance parole.
  • Your application is based on an approved request for consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals.

Filing Fee

The fee to e-File Form I-131 is $360.

Concurrent E-Filing

E-Filed I-131 applications can only be concurrently e-Filed with additional I-131 applications for family members.  Please see our “e-Filing Forms Concurrently” webpage for more information.

Change of Address

If you have e-Filed a form and need to update your address, please refer to our "Change of Address Information" webpage.

This page can be found at:

Last Reviewed/Updated: 11/26/2012