|You may e-File Form I-821 if...||You may not e-File Form I-821 if...|
|You are re-registering for Temporary Protected Status, and your country is designated for re-registration purposes (see www.uscis.gov/tps).||You are applying for initial, late initial or re-designation.|
There is no filing fee to re-register for Temporary Protected Status. Biometric services fees of $85 do apply for applicants 14 and older. The e-Filing fee for Form I-765, which you must also file, is $380 if you are requesting an Employment Authorization Document. If you are not requesting an EAD, then there is no fee to file the Form I-765.
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization: If you e-File Form I-821, you must also e-File Form I-765. File Form I-821 first. The e-Filing system will then automatically generate a Form I-765 for completion.
Please see the “E-Filing Forms Concurrently” webpage for more information.
Change of Address
If you have e-Filed a form and need to update your address, please refer to our "Change of Address Information" webpage.
This page can be found at: http://www.uscis.gov/e-filing-i-821
- Temporary Protected Status & Deferred Enforced Departure
- How Do I Apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS)?
- How Do I Know If I Need Original Documents?
- Photographs and Fingerprints
- Login to Your E-Filing Account
- Requests for More Information or Interview; Penalties; Privacy
- I-821,Application for Temporary Protected Status
- Log in to e-Filing
- e-Filing Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- USCIS ELIS - Online I-539, I-526, I-90 and Immigrant Fee
- Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-907
- Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-140
- Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-821
- Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-131
- Instructions for Electronic Filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization