Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

All aliens must have a currently valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to work in the CNMI. Parole gives someone legal status to stay in the CNMI but does not by itself provide employment authorization. A parolee may apply for a discretionary grant of a USCIS Employment Authorization Document (EAD) by filing USCIS Form I-765.  E-Verify can confirm the employment authorization of any employee who presents a valid EAD for Form I-9.

Last Reviewed/Updated: