Any E-Verify account may be closed voluntarily. To close an account for a client, a program administrator, signatory of the E-Verify memorandum of understanding (MOU), or an authorized company representative must submit written notice to E-Verify 30 days in advance of the date that the employer would like to close the account. The E-Verify employer agent must request termination electronically through E-Verify or submit a written termination notice to E-Verify@dhs.gov or fax to 202-443-0215.
A program administrator may request termination electronically through E-Verify as follows:
- Log into E-Verify with your assigned user name and password.
- From 'My Clients,' select 'View Existing Clients.'
- Enter the client search criteria and click 'Display Client Company Summary List.'
- Click 'Terminate' for the appropriate client.
- Enter the reason for requesting to close the account.
- Click 'Request Client Termination.'
You must continue to use E-Verify in accordance with the MOU during this 30-day period or until you have received an e-mail confirming that the account is closed, whichever is sooner. All open E-Verify cases must be closed, even if you request to close your client’s E-Verify account.