Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

If an F-1 student's SEVIS record is prematurely terminated because his or her status may change to H-1B status in the future, is that student eligible to work while the SEVIS Help Desk works to correct the problem?

As long as the student has an Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) issued by USCIS, the student may work for the duration of the card’s validity period while a correction is in progress.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 11/30/2012