Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

My employee asked for our E-Verify company ID number so that he can apply for the 17-month STEM extension of his OPT. Can we release this information?

The F-1 student applying for the 17-month STEM extension needs to provide your E-Verify company identification number or valid E-Verify client company ID number on his Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) in order to be granted the 17-month STEM extension. If you choose not to disclose the number, the student cannot complete the application and will not be able to work for you.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 07/16/2013