Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security
Share This PageShare This Page PrintPrint

My employee's employment authorization has expired. Should I create a case in E-Verify for this employee?

No, you may not use E-Verify to reverify any employee. E-Verify should only be used for new employees hired after the employer signs the memorandum of understanding (MOU). You should use Form I-9 and follow Form I-9 processes when reverifying employees. The Handbook for Employers: Instructions for Completing Form I-9 (M-274) contains additional information on reverification.

Last Reviewed/Updated: 11/30/2012