Renew Your DACA
If your initial two-year grant of deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) is expiring, you may request a renewal. This page explains how to request a renewal.
Who Can Renew
You may request a renewal if you met the initial DACA guidelines and you:
When to Renew
You should submit your renewal request about 120 days (4 months) before your current period of deferred action will expire. If you submit your request more than 150 days (5 months) before your current period expires, USCIS may reject it and return it to you with instructions to resubmit it closer to the expiration date.
How to Renew
Do not submit any additional documents at the time you request renewal unless:
USCIS may request additional documents or statements to verify information provided in support of requests for renewal of DACA. We may contact other government agencies, education institutions, employers, or other entities in order to verify information.
If you knowingly and willfully provide materially false information on Form I-821D, you will be committing a felony punishable by a fine or up to five years in prison, or both (see 18 U.S.C. Section 1001.) In addition, you may be placed into removal proceedings.
|You will:||Unless you:|
|Accrue unlawful presence for any time between the periods of deferred action|
Were under 18 years of age at the time you submitted your renewal request
|Not be authorized to work in the United States regardless of your age at the time of filing|
Receive a new Employment Authorization Document from USCIS
Note: If USCIS is unexpectedly delayed in processing your renewal request, we may provide deferred action and employment authorization for a short period of time until we finish processing your request. We may do this if you filed your request at least 120 days before your current period of deferred action and employment authorization expire.
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Flier (4.62 MB PDF)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Data
- Characteristics of Individuals Requesting and Approved for DACA (108 KB PDF)
- How Do I Request Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (also available in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese)
- Avoid Scams Flyer (463 KB PDF)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: Guidance for Employers (573 KB PDF)
- ICE-Granted DACA Renewal Guidance
Frequently Asked Questions
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Fee Exemption Guidance
- I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
- G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance