Purpose of Form
Use Form I-824 to request further action on a previously approved application or petition.
Number of Pages
Form 3; Instructions 5.
09/30/13. (USCIS and CBP will accept editions dated 11/29/12, 11/23/10, 07/20/10, 12/11/09, 09/09/09, 08/25/08, 07/30/07, and 10/26/05 until December 23, 2013. After December 23, 2013, we will only accept the 09/30/13 edition.)
Where to File
For applicants filing with USCIS:
- File this form with a USCIS Lockbox facility. See chart of filing locations.
- Important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees and customer service, are listed on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
- If you are filing form I-824 with another USCIS form, mail your applications according to the filing instructions of the other form.
- Note: USCIS will not process Form I-824 if your petition or application has been denied or has not yet been approved.
- This form must not be used to verify the status of a pending petition or application.
- E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form I-824 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application. Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.
For applicants filing with CBP:
- Please file this benefit request at a designated CBP land border port-of-entry or a CBP preclearance office listed on www.cbp.gov or mail to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Admissibility Review Office at the address specified on www.cbp.gov.
Be sure to fill in your receipt number on Form I-824, in Part 3, Additional Information, question 1.
This page can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-824
Last Reviewed/Updated: 10/25/2013