Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

Yes. You can contract with another person or business to verify employees’ identities and employment authorization and to complete Forms I-9 for you. However, you are still responsible for the contractor’s actions and are liable for any violations of the employment eligibility verification requirements.

Last Reviewed/Updated: