Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

Yes. A state workforce agency may choose to complete Forms I-9 and verify the employment authorization and identity of individuals it refers to employers. If you hire an individual referred to you by a state workforce agency, the agency must issue a certification to you so that you can comply with Form I-9 requirements. You should check with your state employment agency to see if it provides this service and learn more about your responsibilities.

Last Reviewed/Updated: