\ 22cfr \ 22 CFR \ PART 62--EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM \ § Sec. 62.5 Application procedure.
Previous Document Next Document
(a) Any entity meeting the eligibility requirements set forth in
may apply to the Department of State for designation as a sponsor. Such application shall be made on Form IAP-37 ("Exchange Visitor Program Application'') and filed with the Agency's Exchange Visitor Program Services.
(b) The application shall set forth, in detail, the applicant's proposed exchange program activity and shall demonstrate its prospective ability to comply with Exchange Visitor Program regulations.
(c) The application shall be signed by the chief executive officer of the applicant and must also provide:
(1) Evidence of legal status as a corporation, partnership, or other legal entity (e.g., charter, proof of incorporation, partnership agreement, as applicable) and current certificate of good standing;
(2) Evidence of financial responsibility as set forth at
(3) Evidence of accreditation if the applicant is a post-secondary educational institution;
(4) Evidence of licensure, if required by local, state, or federal law, to carry out the activity for which it is be designated;
) Certification by the applicant (using the language set forth in appendix A) that it and its responsible officer and alternate responsible officers are citizens of the United States as defined at Sec.
(6) Certification signed by the chief executive officer of the applicant that the responsible officer will be provided sufficient staff and resources to fulfill his/her duties and obligations on behalf of the sponsor.
(d) The Department of State may request any additional information and documentation which it deems necessary to evaluate the application.