\ 22cfr \ 22 CFR \ PART 62--EXCHANGE VISITOR PROGRAM \ § Sec. 62.10 Program administration.
Previous Document Next Document
Sponsors are responsible for the effective administration of their exchange visitor programs. These responsibilities include:
Selection of exchange visitors
. Sponsors shall provide a system to screen and select prospective exchange visitors to ensure that they are eligible for program participation, and that:
(1) The program is suitable to the exchange visitor's background, needs, and experience; and
(2) The exchange visitor possesses sufficient proficiency in the English language to participate in his or her program.
. Sponsors shall provide exchange visitors with pre-arrival materials including, but not limited to, information on:
(1) The purpose of the Exchange Visitor Program;
(2) Home-country physical presence requirement;
(3) Travel and entry into the United States;
(5) Fees payable to the sponsor;
(6) Other costs that the exchange visitor will likely incur (e.g., living expenses) while in the United States;
(7) Health care and insurance; and
(8) Other information which will assist exchange visitors to prepare for their stay in the United States.
. Sponsors shall offer appropriate orientation for all exchange visitors. Sponsors are encouraged to provide orientation for the exchange visitor's immediate family, especially those who are expected to be in the United States for more than one year. Orientation shall include, but not be limited to, information concerning:
(1) Life and customs in the United States;
(2) Local community resources (e.g., public transportation, medical centers, schools, libraries, recreation centers, and banks), to the extent possible;
(3) Available health care, emergency assistance, and insurance coverage;
(4) A description of the program in which the exchange visitor is participating;
(5) Rules that the exchange visitors are required to follow under the sponsor's program;
(6) Address of the sponsor and the name and telephone number of the responsible officer; and
(7) Address and telephone number of the Exchange Visitor Program Services of the Department of State and a copy of the Exchange Visitor Program brochure outlining the regulations relevant to the exchange visitors.
. Sponsors shall ensure that only the responsible officer or alternate responsible officers issue Forms IAP-66;
Monitoring of exchange visitors
. Sponsors shall monitor, through employees, officers, agents, or third parties, the exchange visitors participating in their programs. Sponsors shall:
(1) Ensure that the activity in which the exchange visitor is engaged is consistent with the category and activity listed on the exchange visitor's Form IAP-66;
(2) Monitor the progress and welfare of the exchange visitor to the extent appropriate for the category; and
(3) Require the exchange visitor to keep the sponsor apprised of his or her address and telephone number, and maintain such information.
Requests by the
Department of State. Sponsors shall, to the extent lawfully permitted, furnish to the Department of State within a reasonable time all information, reports, documents, books, files, and other records requested by the Department of State on all matters related to their exchange visitor programs.
Inquiries and investigations
. Sponsors shall cooperate with any inquiry or investigation that may be undertaken by the Department of State.
Retention of records
. Sponsors shall retain all records related to their exchange visitor program and exchange visitors for a minimum of three years.