\ 6cfr \ TITLE 6 - HOMELAND SECURITY (6 CFR) \ 6 CFR PART 13--PROGRAM FRAUD CIVIL REMEDIES (Part 13 added 10/12/05; 70 FR 59209). \ § 13.7 Complaint.
Previous Document Next Document
(a) On or after the date the Department of Justice approves the issuance of a Complaint in accordance with 31 U.S.C. 3803(b)(1), the Reviewing Official may serve a Complaint on the Defendant, as provided in §
(b) The Complaint will state:
(1) The allegations of liability against the Defendant, including the statutory basis for liability, an identification of the Claims or Statements that are the basis for the alleged liability, and the reasons why liability allegedly arises from such Claims or Statements;
(2) The maximum amount of penalties and assessments for which the Defendant may be held liable;
(3) Instructions for filing an answer to request a hearing, including a specific Statement of the Defendant's right to request a hearing by filing an answer and to be represented by a Representative; and
(4) That failure to file an answer within 30 days of service of the Complaint will result in the imposition of the maximum amount of penalties and assessments without right to appeal, as provided in
(5) That the Defendant may obtain copies of relevant material and exculpatory information pursuant to the process outlined in
(c) At the same time the Reviewing Official serves the Complaint, he or she will serve the Defendant with a copy of the regulations in this part.