\ slb \ SERVICE LAW BOOKS MENU \ IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT \ INA: ACT 501 - DEFINITIONS
Previous Document Next Document
INA: ACT 501 - DEFINITIONS
Sec. 501. DEFINITIONS.
As used in this title-
(1) the term 'alien terrorist' means any alien described in section
(2) the term 'classified information' has the same meaning as in section 1(a) of the Classified Information Procedures Act (18 U.S.C. App.);
(3) the term 'national security' has the same meaning as in section 1(b)of the Classified Information Procedures Act (18 U.S.C. App.);
(4) the term 'removal court' means the court described in section
(5) the term 'removal hearing' means the hearing described in section
(6) the term 'removal proceeding' means a proceeding under this title; and
the term "special attorney" means an attorney who is on the panel established under section
FOOTNOTES FOR SECTION 501
§ 354(a)(4) of IIRIRA
, "effective as if included in the enactment of subtitle A of title IV of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-132)."