Q : Why did I get an SSA or a DHS mismatch?
A mismatch from Self Check does not mean that you are not authorized to work in the United States and may be caused by several different situations.
- You may have entered information incorrectly.
- You may have changed your name recently.
- If you naturalized or changed your immigration status recently, you may need to wait up to a few weeks for Self Check to accurately reflect the change.
- There is an unforseen problem with your SSA or DHS record.
- You are not authorized to work in the United States.