I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
- Purpose of Form :
- Use this form to petition for an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States.
- Number of Pages :
- Form 6; Instructions 9.
- Edition Date :
- 03/05/13. (USCIS will accept the 10/01/12 edition until July 4, 2013. After July 4, 2013, we will only accept the 03/05/13 edition.)
- Where to File :
The filing address depends on whether you are filing Form I-140 by itself or with another form. Check our Filing Addresses for Form I-140 for instructions on where to mail your form.
You may be eligible to file this form online.
- Filing Fee :
- Special Instructions :
- If filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility:
- To ensure your Form I-140 is accepted for processing:
- Pay the correct filing fee of $580
- Sign the form
- Fill out the form completely and accurately, particularly these required fields:
- Part 1 – Family Name or Company/Organization Name
- Part 1 – Address
- Part 1 – IRS Tax # or SSN (does not apply to Petition Types 1.a. (Alien of Extraordinary Ability) or 1.i. (National Interest Waiver)
- Part 2 – Petition Type
- Part 3 – Date of Birth
- Submit the required evidence listed in the form instructions
Last updated: 05/06/2013