Intelligence Research Specialist
As an Intelligence Research Specialist, you will research and analyze all-source data to ensure the integrity of the U.S. immigration system and to detect threats to national security. The work and information provided affects a wide range of decisions concerning DHS operations, resource allocations and budgetary considerations. It also impacts management and members of the intelligence and law enforcement communities.
Your primary duties and responsibilities may include:
- Developing contacts and integrating sources of information to analyze all-source information and intelligence and formulate recommendations to USCIS management, as well as to other internal and external policy and decision-makers
- Analyzing resources and selecting pertinent information to identify problems and determine the proper course of action in on-going projects
- Writing threat assessments and preparing staff reports and finished intelligence products
- Developing intelligence requirement plans to support short- and long-range activities
- Reviewing, processing, and evaluating intelligence information from a variety of sources
Characteristics of a successful Refugee Officer candidate include:
- Knowledge of intelligence techniques and practices
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate situation quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lead research projects from gathering information to developing recommendations based on analyses
- Ability to apply facts and estimates derived from numerous sources to a variety of problems having technical aspects.
Each vacancy announcement (posted on USA Jobs) will list the specific functions and qualification requirements for the position.