Information Technology Specialist
USCIS is a complex information-driven agency making the Information Technology Specialist a critical role in ensuring efficient and informative solutions are readily available and are adaptable to the changing nature of the Agency. In this capacity, you will be a critical link in supporting the mission of the Agency by providing the tools and resources needed for the agency to efficiently and successfully perform its requirements.
Your primary responsibilities may include:
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing agency-wide process improvement methods to improve the quality of software products
- Recommending and developing alternative and cost-effective approaches to satisfy customer requirements
- Providing technical support on a range of complex hardware and software solutions
- Staying informed of changes in customer mission requirements and recommending service modifications to meet changing requirements
Characteristics of a successful Immigration Technology Specialist candidate include:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to research and analyze legal information in order to apply appropriate laws and procedures
- Knowledge of Information Technology
- Ability to articulate information effectively both orally and in writing with people from diverse backgrounds
For a detailed description of an Information Technology Specialist qualification requirements, please refer to a vacancy announcement when it is posted.