Immigration Officer, FDNS
Immigration Officers play a critical role in enhancing the national security of the United States and the integrity of its legal immigration system. As an Immigration Officer, you will be the main point of contact for USCIS on any national security and public-safety issues. You will also serve as a liaison between USCIS, law enforcement, and intelligence agencies to enhance local, regional, and national policies and procedures relative to the detection and pursuit of immigration benefit fraud. Your primary role will be to perform a variety of fraud detection and national security-related duties consistent with the national effort directed by USCIS Office of Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS).
Your primary responsibilities may include:
- Identifying and pursuing immigration benefit fraud
- Analyzing local, regional, and national polices and procedures related to immigration benefit fraud
- Conducting interviews and investigations regarding potential fraud
- Preparing reports based on your analyses that articulate findings and propose future recommendations
Characteristics of a successful Immigration Officer, FDNS candidate include:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to research and analyze legal information in order to apply appropriate laws and procedures
- Ability to articulate information effectively both orally and in writing with people from diverse backgrounds
Each vacancy announcement (posted on USA Jobs) will list the specific functions and qualification requirements for the position.