Your USCIS Immigrant Fee
Receive your immigrant information
Create an online USCIS ELIS account
Pay USCIS Immigrant Fee
|Travel to USA|
Arrive with immigrant visa packet at a port of entry
Receive Green Card
Failure to Pay
USCIS will not send you a Green Card until we receive your $165 Immigrant Fee payment. If you fail to pay your fee, USCIS will send you a notice requesting payment.
If you do not pay the fee within the time listed in the notice, you will not receive your Green Card. However, failure to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee will not affect your status as a lawful permanent resident.
The following groups do not have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee:
- Children who enter the United States under the orphan or Hague adoption programs;
- Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants;
- Returning lawful permanent residents (SB-1s); and
- K nonimmigrants.
To pay a fee, you can use a:
- Credit card;
- Debit card;
- Pre-paid debit card (such as a Visa gift card);
- If you pay with a pre-paid debit card, you may use only one card. The card must have enough money on it to pay for you and any family members.
- U.S. bank account (also known as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment).
- To pay with a U.S. bank account, you must provide a checking account number and routing number for your U.S. bank.
You can find the current status of your USCIS ELIS case by logging into your account and selecting the link for your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment. You will then be taken to the case status page. You can find your current status at the top right corner of the page.
USCIS Numbers to Remember
You should keep a record of your USCIS ELIS Account ID and Receipt ID. Your USCIS ELIS Account ID is a 12-digit number unique to your USCIS ELIS online account. You will not receive a USCIS ELIS Account ID until you pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee.
If you have already paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee, you can locate your USCIS ELIS Account ID by following the steps below:
- Log in to your USCIS ELIS online account;
- Select the “View My Profile” button; and
- Select the “Account” tab on the Account Information screen.
Your Receipt ID is a unique number that applies to your specific case with USCIS. You can find your Receipt ID on your case receipt notice; it begins with the letters “IOE.”
If you did not receive a copy of your USCIS case receipt notice and would like a copy for your records, you may view and print a copy from your USCIS ELIS online account. After you log in to your account, select the "View Messages" tab to view or print your official case receipt confirmation from USCIS.
- Log in problems: If you forgot your USCIS ELIS online account password or security questions, go to the USCIS ELIS login screen and select the “Forgot or Need to Reset Your Password?” link. You will need to answer the security questions that you selected when you created your account. We will then send a message to the email address associated with your account with instructions on how to reset your password.
If you have forgotten or need to reset the answers to your security questions, or if you continue to experience difficulties, please submit our online help form for assistance.
- Missing Green Card: If you do not receive your Green Card within 45 days after paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, please submit our online help form to request assistance. Please make sure your mailing address is correct. You can update your mailing address in USCIS ELIS under the “View My Profile” section on the main menu. You must also complete a USCIS Form AR-11, Change of Address. To learn more about the AR-11, Change of Address process
About the Fee
On Sept. 24, 2010, the Federal Register published the USCIS final rule establishing the USCIS Immigrant Fee. The rule became effective for all foreign nationals who receive an immigrant visa on or after Feb. 1, 2013. The USCIS Immigrant Fee is not related to the immigrant visa application fees collected by DOS.
Burden Disclosure Notice: OMB Control Number 1615-0122.
How to Contact USCIS
If you have any questions about paying the fee, or if you accidentally paid twice or otherwise feel you paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee in error, you can:
- Submit a Contact Us form;
- Call (if you are in the United States) the USCIS Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for hearing-impaired); or
- Schedule an InfoPass appointment to meet with a USCIS officer.