Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

A Genealogy Record Request can provide an information copy of a naturalization record. The Genealogy Program does not provide certified copies.

If you need only a copy of the naturalization certificate (not certified) to satisfy requirements for your foreign application for dual citizenship, you may submit a G-1041A Record Request for the naturalization certificate only. Doing so can eliminate any additional processing delay resulting from information about the immigrant's children that may need review under the Privacy Act. To request only the certificate, write "Send Natz Certificate Only" on your request form G-1041A or in the "optional information section" of your online request.

See Also:  How do I get certification of non-existence of a record?

Last Reviewed/Updated: