Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

Fees for online requests are paid by credit card using the Treasury Department's Pay.Gov service.  One can submit a request online and choose to pay the fee by mail (see below), but the request will not be processed until the fee is received.

Fees for postal mail requests or online requests (see above) are paid by money order or cashier's check (no personal checks will be accepted) submitted and mailed with request form G-1041 or G-1041A.  Requests mailed without payment will be held while the requester is contacted to submit the fee.  If payment is not received within 30 days of submitting the request, the request will be canceled.

Last Reviewed/Updated: