Official Website of the United States Department of Homeland Security

The conditional grant does not entitle your spouse or children outside the United States, or those who are in the United States but are not included in your asylum application, to receive derivative asylum status or to be admitted to the United States. If you receive a final approval of asylum, you will be entitled to request derivative asylum for any spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age as of the date you filed the asylum application, as long as your asylum application was pending on or after August 6, 2002, by filing a Form I-730, Refugee and Asylee Relative Petition.

Last Reviewed/Updated: