Affirmative Action Plan for the Recruitment, Hiring, Advancement, and Retention of Persons with Disabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Management Directive 715-01 (MD-715) requires federal agencies to report on their efforts to establish and maintain an effective equal employment opportunity (EEO) program that ensures equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of:
- Sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation);
- National origin;
- Disability status;
- Protected genetic information (such as medical conditions or family medical history); and
- Prior EEO activities.
Under 29 C.F.R. §1614.203(e), agencies must report to the Commission their affirmative action plan (PDF, 78 KB) for persons with disabilities and persons with targeted disabilities, and describe how their plan will improve the recruitment, hiring, advancement, and retention of these applicants.
Reasonable Accommodation Procedures
Under 29 C.F.R. § 1614.203(d)(3)(i), agencies must prominently post their reasonable accommodation procedures (PDF, 1,010 KB) for processing disability accommodation requests from employees and applicants.
- For general questions about EEO, call the Office Equal Opportunity and Inclusion at 202-587-9907.
- For EEO complaints, call 866-860-8885 or email email@example.com.
- For disability accommodations, call 855-591-7958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Special Emphasis Program, call 202-587-9907 or email email@example.com.