Budget, Planning & Performance
Measuring and managing performance is essential to effective, efficient and economical delivery of services to the public. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) works continuously to improve the quality of our measures to make them more meaningful and customer focused.
USCIS Fiscal Year 2012 Accomplishments
At USCIS, we measure success by how well we reinforce the country’s proud tradition as a nation of hope and opportunity, uphold the integrity of the immigration system, and safeguard our nation’s security. Our accomplishments at USCIS would not be possible without our exceptional workforce. The collective ingenuity, professionalism, and dedication of USCIS employees propel the agency to greater success year after year.
See the “USCIS Fiscal Year 2012 Accomplishments” page.
Budget and Performance
USCIS will secure America’s promise as a nation of immigrants by:·
- Providing accurate and useful information to our customers
- Granting immigration and citizenship benefits
- Promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship
- Ensuring the integrity of the immigration system
The Budget-in-Brief for Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 provides a brief account of the Department of Homeland Security, including USCIS funding and resources available to support our legislatively mandated mission. See the “DHS Budget-in-Brief for FY 2011” page to view the report. Information about USCIS begins on page 119 of the document.
Strategic Plan 2008-2012
This Strategic Plan charts the course that will enable us to maintain a strong level of performance on core workloads and work toward long-term improvement of our service to the public by concentrating on the following goals:
- Strengthen the security and integrity of the immigration system
- Provide effective customer-oriented immigration benefit and information services
- Support immigrants’ integration and participation in American civic culture
- Promote flexible and sound immigration policies and programs
- Strengthen the infrastructure supporting USCIS mission
- Operate as a high-performance organization that promotes a highly talented workforce and a dynamic work culture. Additionally, the plan recognizes that our employees and other resources are absolutely critical to our success
Annual Report (FY 2008)
The Annual Report summarizes the collected efforts of USCIS employees into a single publication. It provides a snapshot of the agency’s mission, goals, accomplishments and strategic direction as an agency within the Department of Homeland Security.
USCIS has made clear progress to:
- Enhance the security of our immigration system
- Improve delivery of customer service
- Strengthen the infrastructure required to accomplish near- and long-term goals
Find this page at www.uscis.gov/performance