Where to File

Where to File an Appeal or Motion With the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)

Do not send forms or fees directly to the AAO. You must file your appeal or motion to the correct filing address indicated on the Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion page for your specific benefit type.

If you will be filing a brief within 30 days, you may indicate that on the appeal. Extensions of deadlines for briefs may be granted under appropriate circumstances. Briefs submitted after the filing of the appeal must be sent directly to the AAO as indicated on the AAO Contact Us webpage.

NOTE: Motions must include any briefs or additional evidence at the time of filing. 


Last Reviewed/Updated: