Ohio - Columbus Field Office

Field Office Director: Stephanie A. Reither
District Director: Mark Hansen
Central Region

Physical AddressMailing AddressExpress Mail

395 E. Broad Street
Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215

395 E. Broad Street
Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215

395 E. Broad Street
Suite 100
Columbus, OH 43215

Service Area
Transportation, Directions, and Parking
Filing Information and Case Status
Visiting the Office and Attorney Procedures
Naturalization Ceremonies
Prohibited Items

Service Area

This office serves the following counties in Ohio: Athens, Belmont, Coshocton, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Gallia, Guernsey, Harrison, Hocking, Jackson, Jefferson, Knox, Licking, Logan, Madison, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Morrow, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Union, Vinton, and Washington.



Traveling from the North:
Take I-71 South
Take the US-40/Broad St exit, Exit 108B
Turn right onto E. Broad St. The office is on the left.

Traveling from the South:
Take I-71 North
Take the US-40/Broad St. exit, Exit 108B
Turn left onto E. Broad St. The office is on the left.

Traveling from the East:
Take I-70 West
Merge onto I-71
Take the US-40/Broad St. exit, Exit 108B
Turn left onto E. Broad St. The office is on the left.

Traveling from the West:
Take I-70 East
Take I-670 E via Exit 96
Take OH-3/Cleveland Ave exit, Exit 4C
Turn right on Cleveland Ave/OH-3
Turn right on E. Broad St. The office is on the left. 



The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) has various bus routes that stop near the office. The closest stops are on:

Route # 10 at E. Broad St. and Grant St.
Route # 7, # 11 at E. Spring St. and Cleveland Ave.
Route # 1, #2, 2L and #6 at N. High St. and W. Broad St.

Call (614) 228-1776 (TTY/TTD (614) 228-1832) for nearby routes and schedules.

Parking & Accessibility

PARKING: There is metered street parking and public parking available near the office.

HANDICAP ACCESSIBILITY: This office is handicap accessible.

Back to Top

Filing Information

Follow the instructions on the form(s) that you are filing. If the instructions on the application tell you to file the form at a USCIS local office and you live within this service area, please mail your application or make an InfoPass appointment to submit your application in person.

Avoid Immigration Services Scams

Many people offer help with immigration services. Unfortunately, not all are authorized to do so. While many of these unauthorized practitioners mean well, many of them are out to rip you off. This is against the law and may be considered an immigration services scam.

USCIS wants to combat immigration services scams by equipping applicants, legal service providers, and community-based organizations with the knowledge and tools they need to detect and protect themselves from dishonest practices. Please see our Avoid Scams webpage for more information. If you have been a victim of an immigration services scam, you can report scams to the Federal Trade Commission. You may also file a complaint in your state.

If you're working with an attorney, check with the state bar association to verify that the attorney is eligible to practice in—and is a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of—any U.S. state, possession, territory or commonwealth, or the District of Columbia.

If you're working with a non-attorney, verify whether the individual is an accredited representative of an organization recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals.

Know the law in your state. Some states have specific laws regulating immigration consultants. If you are unsure whether your immigration service provider is giving trustworthy advice, do not hesitate to seek a second opinion. When doing so, always work with a licensed attorney or Board of Immigration Appeals-accredited representative.


 Case Status and Referral Follow-ups

If you want to know the status of a case that is pending at this office, first verify through our Case Status Online. When the page opens, enter your receipt number and click "Check Status." If you prefer, you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. If your case is outside of our normal processing time, a customer service representative will ask USCIS to research your case and we will send you further information.

If, after calling the National Customer Service Center, the customer service representative instructs you to visit our office, you must schedule an InfoPass appointment.

Remember to bring the following items to your appointment:

  • Any notices we have sent to you;
  • A valid photo identity document, such as a driver's license, passport or employment authorization document;
  • A copy of the application or petition that you filed; and
  • Proof you paid the fee, such as a copy of a cancelled check (front and back) or money order that has been traced for payment.

Back to Top

Visiting the Office

In order to visit this office or to speak with an immigration services officer, you must have an appointment scheduled by USCIS or you must schedule an InfoPass appointment online or through the kiosks available in our lobby.


ADIT Processing and Temporary Evidence of Permanent Resident Status

If you have received a notice to come to this office for ''ADIT'' processing or you need to request temporary evidence of your permanent residence status, you must schedule an InfoPass appointment to visit this office in person.

Remember to bring the following items to the office for your appointment:

  • Form I-797, Approval Notice, from the service center or an approval letter to process a Form I-551 card.
  • Two new passport-style photos and a valid passport; or
  • Three passport-style photos if you do not have a valid passport.


Adoption of Orphans

The processing and adjudication of orphan petitions and advance processing of orphan petitions is one of USCIS' top priorities. The National Benefits Center has an Orphan Team dedicated to processing orphan petitions/applications. If you have already filed Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, and/or Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition, and you have an emergency need to speak with the adoption officer at this office, then please send an email to NBC.adoptions@dhs.gov. The adoption officer will respond to your inquiry within 2 business days.

This email address is intended only for customers who have a pending or approved Form I-600 or I-600A. To receive a response to an inquiry about a Form I-600 or I-600A, the sender must be the petitioner or the petitioner's legal representative (such as an attorney). If you are the legal representative, you must already have a Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, on file. When sending an email to this address you must provide the following information:

  • The petitioner's name;
  • The petitioner's date of birth;
  • The petitioner's country of birth;
  • The receipt number of the Form I-600 or I-600A (if any);
  • The Alien Registration Number (A-Number) associated with the case (if any); and
  • The name of the child to be adopted (if known).

General information about orphan adoptions is available on our Adoption website or by calling USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.


Interim Employment Authorization Cards

Local offices no longer accept or adjudicate Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. The service centers or the National Benefits Center is responsible for adjudicating any pending Form I-765 and issuing interim or non-interim documentation.

If USCIS does not approve or deny your Form I-765 within 90 days, or within 30 days if you are an asylum applicant, you may request an interim Employment Authorization Document (EAD) (Note: asylum applicants are only eligible to file for EADs after waiting 150 days from the date of properly filing their original completed asylum applications).

To request an interim EAD, you must schedule an InfoPass appointment to visit this office in person. You must bring the following items to the office:

  • Proof of your identity; and
  • Any documents that USCIS has sent to you regarding your Form I-765.

Once you make your request at the local office, we will forward your request to the service center for processing and inform you of the next steps.


Attorney or Representative Procedures

If you are an attorney seeking information, you must make an InfoPass appointment to visit this office. Please make a separate appointment for each client you wish to discuss. 

Back to Top

Naturalization Ceremonies

The Columbus Field Office conducts judicial ceremonies approximately once per week and rarely conducts administrative ceremonies. This office does not conduct same-day naturalization ceremonies.

Back to Top

Prohibited Items

Rules and regulations governing public buildings and grounds can be found at Title 41, Code of Federal Regulations, Subpart 101-20.3 and Title 18, United States Code, Section 930. Additionally, this office prohibits:

  • Scissors, razors, and other sharp objects
  • Flammable liquids
  • Cell phones (not allowed in interview rooms)

Back to Top

Last Reviewed/Updated: