Haiti - USCIS Port-au-Prince Field Office

Labadee, Haiti

USCIS permanently closed its field office in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Dec. 20, 2019. The U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince assumed responsibility for certain limited services previously provided by USCIS to individuals residing in Haiti(see table below).

Individuals who were previously assisted by the USCIS Port-au-Prince Field Office (which includes individuals residing in Haiti, Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Barthelemy, and St. Martin) must follow these filing instructions:


Service/Form Filing Instructions

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

File your petition by mail with the USCIS lockbox facility in Dallas. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-130 webpage.

USCIS may authorize the Department of State to accept a petition filed with a U.S. Embassy or consulate in some other limited circumstances (PDF, 61 KB).  To request to file Form I-130 at the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince, please visit the Embassy’s website.

Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (for Widow(er) petitions only) 

If you are a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, please see the Form I-360 webpage for the most current filing instructions. 

You may file your Form I-360 at the U.S. Embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the area where you live.

Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation)

Beginning Nov 1, 2019, if you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR) who has lost your LPR card and/or reentry permit and you need travel documentation to return to the U.S., you can file your Form I-131A with any U.S. embassy consular section.

Form I-407, Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status

Submit your Form I-407 to the USCIS Eastern Forms Center.  You can find additional filing information on the Form I-407 webpage.

In very rare circumstances, a U.S. Embassy or consulate may allow you to submit a Form I-407 in person if you need immediate proof that you have abandoned your lawful permanent resident status.  The most common need for an expedited application is to apply for an A or G visa.

Form I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition

You must file your petition with the USCIS Nebraska or Texas Service Centers, depending on where the petitioner lives in the United States. You can find additional filing information on the Form I-730 webpage.

For beneficiary interviews/processing, contact the U.S. Embassy consular section in the country where the beneficiary resides.

Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

If you are a member of the U.S. military stationed overseas, please see the Form N-400 webpage or call 800-375-5283 for the most current filing instructions.  For qualified children of active-duty service members stationed abroad, the proper form to file is the N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322.

Form I-600A, Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition

You must file your Form I-600A application by mail with USCIS lockbox facility in Dallas. The USCIS National Benefits Center will process the application.  You may find additional information on the Form I-600A webpage.

Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative

You may file your Form I-600 petition:

  • By mail with the USCIS lockbox facility in Dallas. The USCIS National Benefits Center will process your petition; or
  • In person with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or consulate in the adoptive child’s country of origin (if certain criteria are met).

You may find updated information on the Form I-600 webpage on the USCIS website.

General information about the U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince is available on the Embassy website. You may also contact the Embassy by calling 011-509-2229-8000 or by mailing:

U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince

Tabarre 41
Route de Tabarre
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

For information on other immigration benefits, please visit uscis.govWe suggest you use Ask Emma for more details about what you want to accomplish. Many times, you may be able to complete your task online.

If you have a question about a pending application or petition, you can send USCIS a secure message through your USCIS Online account.  Creating an account is easy. You may also send us a message though your USCIS Online account if you need help.

For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the Department of State’s website.

Last Reviewed/Updated: