Planning Your Visit – USCIS San Salvador Field Office
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
United States Embassy
Final Blvd. y Urb. Santa Elena
Antiguo Cuscatlan, La Libertad
USCIS San Salvador located at the USAID Building within the embassy premises. Access is through the Consular gate located on Boulevard Santa Elena. Applicants should use the line for the DHS-USCIS office.
You must make an online appointment to visit USCIS San Salvador.
USCIS San Salvador does not accept walk-ins. However, if you have an emergency or are unable to make an online appointment because of circumstances beyond your control, you may contact our office by email at: ElSalvador.USCIS@uscis.dhs.gov.
By Public Transportation
Bus Route #44 runs by the Embassy.
Pay parking is available next to the Embassy.
Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.
Note: You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Consulate while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as:
- Mobile phones,
- Digital diaries,
- Digital watches,
- Audio/video cassettes,
- Compact discs,
- Floppy disks,
- Laptops, or portable music players;
- Large shoulder bags/purses - only bags that can be carried by hand and diaper bags for babies will be permitted;
- Bags, such as:
- Travel bags,
- Leather, cloth bags, and zip folders - you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers;
- Food items;
- Sealed envelopes or packages;
- Match boxes;
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files;
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.