Office of Investigations
Kristinn Coleman is the chief of the Office of Investigations.
To protect and strengthen the integrity of USCIS programs and systems, the Office of Investigations thoroughly and objectively investigates allegations of misconduct, including those with a counterintelligence concern.
To serve as a model investigative program, increasing the visibility and importance of integrity to USCIS employees, and ensuring that USCIS programs and systems are secure.
What We Do
The Office of Investigations:
- Conducts investigations of misconduct, corruption, and fraud involving USCIS employees and contractors;
- Establishes policy relative to investigative procedures and techniques;
- Maintains electronic storage of investigative records in accordance with the National Archives and Records Administration’s standards;
- Prepares the semi-annual Report on Internal Affairs Investigations to Congress, which summarizes the USCIS investigative process and investigative activity by the Office of Investigations during the reporting period; and
- Provides training and guidance to employees assigned to conduct field management inquiries.