Related Topics of Interest

We need a Social Security # for our child

  • This information can be found on the Social Security website ( or by calling 1-800-772-1213.  Please refer to the Social Security Administration’s web-site for complete information. 

My child lives overseas with me

  • If your child lives with you overseas, and he or she is not yet 18 years old, then
  • Note: Your child must still be under 18 years old when the application is approved and U.S. citizenship is acquired. 
    • Please see the instructions for the Form N-600K for detailed information on how to establish if your child is eligible for citizenship with this form.

We’re going overseas

  • Information concerning United States passports and when they are required may be found on the U.S. Department of State website:
Last Reviewed/Updated: