The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Instructions for Electronic Filing of Form I-90 (Renew or Replace a Green Card Online)
The steps to e-File this form are:
- Be sure to read the form instructions (PDF, 267 KB) first.
- Check the "E-Filing Eligibility" chart below to see if you are eligible to e-File.
- If you are eligible, go to the Online Filing page and fill out Form I-90 online.
Once payment is made, we will provide you with an electronic confirmation receipt that:
- Includes your receipt number.
- Tells you where to mail the required supporting documents listed in the form instructions. If you do not send the required documents to the address listed on the confirmation receipt, your application may be delayed or denied.
- USCIS will mail you a Form I-797C, Notice of Action. This is the notice you should use as evidence that you filed this application. If biometric services are required, we will send you an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center.
- The USCIS office where your case is assigned will adjudicate your application.
|You are eligible to e-File Form I-90 if:||You are NOT eligible to e-File Form I-90 if:|
You are filing for one of the following reasons:
(A) Your card was lost, stolen or destroyed card.
(C) Your card was mutilated.
(E) Your name or other biographic information has changed.
(F) Your card is expiring within six months or has already expired.
(H1) You have taken up commuter status.
(H2) You have been in resident commuter status and are now taking up actual residence in the United States.
(I) You have been automatically converted to permanent resident.
(J) You have an older edition of the card and must replace it with the current type.
(B) Your card was never received.
(D) Your card was issued with incorrect data due to USCIS administrative error.
(G1) If filing to renew your card within 30 days of turning 14 and your existing card will not expire before your 16th birthday.
(G2) If filing to renew your card within 30 days of turning 14 and your existing card will expire before your 16th birthday.
The cost to e-File this form is $450, which includes a $365 form filing fee and an $85 biometric services fee.
Form I-90 cannot be e-Filed concurrently with other forms.
Change of Address
If you have e-Filed a form and need to update your address, please refer to our Change of Address Information webpage.