This page contains information that is no longer current but remains on our site for reference purposes.
USCIS to Consolidate Online Filing of Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
On February 28, 2013, USCIS will disable the alternative legacy online filing channel for Form I-539 and offer the option to:
- File online with USCIS ELIS, or
- File a paper application by mail.
Following the launch of our paperless electronic immigration system, USCIS ELIS, we offered three ways to file the Form I-539. Since then, USCIS has improved USCIS ELIS and consolidated its filing methods.
The improved USCIS ELIS provides online options, such as:
- Creating an account online;
- Filing and paying electronically;
- Uploading supporting documents directly into the system; and,
- Tracking your application online.
Check http:www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis to see if you are eligible to e-file the Form I-539.