The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
USCIS to Consolidate Online Filing of Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status
On February 28, 2013, USCIS will disable the alternative legacy online filing channel for Form I-539 and offer the option to:
- File online with USCIS ELIS, or
- File a paper application by mail.
Following the launch of our paperless electronic immigration system, USCIS ELIS, we offered three ways to file the Form I-539. Since then, USCIS has improved USCIS ELIS and consolidated its filing methods.
The improved USCIS ELIS provides online options, such as:
- Creating an account online;
- Filing and paying electronically;
- Uploading supporting documents directly into the system; and,
- Tracking your application online.
Check http:www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis to see if you are eligible to e-file the Form I-539.