This page contains information that is no longer current but remains on our site for reference purposes.
Extension of Temporary Protected Status for Haiti
Released Sept. 21, 2012
Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano has extended Haiti’s Temporary Protected Status (TPS). Next week, the Department of Homeland Security will publish a notice in the Federal Register announcing this decision.
The Federal Register notice will provide additional guidance on:
- Who is eligible for TPS;
- How to re-register if you have TPS;
- When to begin filing TPS applications;
- How to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD);
- Six-month automatic extension of current EADs;
- TPS fees and fee waiver procedures; and
- Other TPS-related information.
NOTE: The 60-day re-registration period for current Haiti TPS beneficiaries will begin on the day the Federal Register notice publishes. Individuals who have not continuously resided in the United States since Jan. 12, 2011 will not be eligible.
Please continue to visit www.uscis.gov/tps or call 1-800-375-5283 to obtain the latest information about filing for TPS and to learn more about the TPS application process.