Archived Content

The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.

New Documents Required for Air Travel to the United States

All individuals entering the United States by air from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean must have a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or other acceptable documentation.

Lawful Permanent Residents of the United States may produce one of the following as acceptable documentation:

  • I-551, Permanent Residence Card ("Green Card")
  • Machine-readable immigrant visa with a CBP Admission Stamp
  • Temporary Residence Stamp (ADIT stamp) contained in a passport or on Form I-94
  • Valid Reentry Permit
  • Unexpired Immigrant Visa

For more information on these requirements, please see the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website. USCIS does not administer this program or manage ports of entry.

Last Reviewed/Updated: