The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Notice to Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Re-registrants from El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua
On October 7, 2010, USCIS advised customers from El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua, who successfully re-registered for TPS and requested an EAD that they may not receive their new Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) until early November 2010. As of November 12, USCIS is now up to date on the production of EADs. If your request for Work Authorization has been approved and you have not received your new EAD yet, you should expect to receive it by the end of November. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.
If you are still waiting for your new EAD, you may provide your employer the following documentation as proof of employment authorization:
- Your existing EAD as proof of employment authorization; and
- A copy of your country’s most recent Federal Register notice announcing the TPS six-month extension and the auto-extension of EADs.
You can print the Federal Register notices by clicking on the following links:
- El Salvador (75 FR 39559)(July 9, 2010)
- Honduras (75 FR 24734)(May 5, 2010)
- Nicaragua (75 FR 24737)(May 5, 2010)
You can view a sample EAD and learn more about which documents employers may accept as evidence of your employment authorization on this fact sheet.
If you have questions and would like to speak with a USCIS representative, please call:
- USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283
- USCIS TPS Hotline at 1-202-272-1533 (not a toll free number)