The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
USCIS Alerts Yemeni Nationals to Available Immigration Relief Measures
USCIS is closely monitoring conditions in Yemen. Due to the current unstable security situation, USCIS seeks to highlight several available immigration relief measures that may assist eligible Yemeni nationals.
Immigration relief measures that may be available upon request include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even if the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired;
- A grant of re-parole made;
- Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship;
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate; and
- Consideration for waiver of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on an inability to pay.
To learn more about how USCIS provides assistance to customers affected by unforeseen circumstances in their home country and how to request relief, please visit uscis.gov/humanitarian/special-situations.
Additional information on USCIS and its programs may be found on uscis.gov, by following USCIS on Facebook (/uscis), Twitter (@uscis), YouTube (/uscis) and the USCIS blog The Beacon, or by calling the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.