The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
On July 13, 2011, USCIS invited interested parties to participate in a stakeholder meeting regarding the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21).
USCIS continues its rulemaking efforts to implement AC21. While the regulation is being developed, USCIS engaged with stakeholders on several key issues to obtain valuable input that will better inform our rulemaking efforts.
USCIS provided an opportunity for stakeholders to present ideas and suggestions, consistent with the statute, on how the AC21 regulations should be framed. Specifically, seeking input on the following topics:
- H-1B Extensions Beyond the Statutory Six Year Limitation
- Calculating the H-1B Admission Period
- Portability of H-1B Status
- Job Flexibility or I-140 Portability
- H-1B Whistleblower Provision
- Employer Debarment for Non-Compliance with Labor Condition Application (LCA) Attestations