This page contains information that is no longer current but remains on our site for reference purposes.
Revised Form I-9 Stakeholder Teleconference
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invited interested individuals to participate in a stakeholder teleconference on Monday, March 11, 2013, at 2 p.m. Eastern Time.
On March 8, 2013, USCIS published a Federal Register notice addressing revisions to Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 (PDF), and the form’s instructions. The revisions include:
- Expanding the form to two pages.
- A redesign that ensures the form is in line with current design standards.
- Changes in font and font size, and placing the instructions in a one-column format.
Expanded instructions that now more clearly describe:
- Information employees must enter in Section 1;
- Employers’ responsibilities for Section 2;
- Employer responsibilities, including when reverification is necessary, for Section 3.
Subject matter experts discussed and answered questions about these revisions during the stakeholder teleconference.