The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Revised Form I-9 Teleconference
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invited interested individuals to participate in a stakeholder teleconference on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 2:30 p.m. (Eastern).
On March 8, 2013, USCIS published a Federal Register notice (PDF)addressing revisions to Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 (PDF, 727 KB)and the form’s instructions. The revisions include:
- Expanding the form to two pages.
- A redesign that ensures the form is in line with current design standards.
- Changes in font and font size, and placing the instructions in a one-column format.
Expanded instructions that now more clearly describe:
- Information employees must enter in Section 1;
- Employers’ responsibilities for Section 2;
- Employer responsibilities, including when reverification is necessary, for Section 3.
Beginning May 7, 2013 all employers are required to use the most recent version of the Form I-9. USCIS subject matter experts will discuss and answer questions about the revised Form I-9 during the stakeholder teleconference. For more information about the revised Form I-9, please visit I-9 Central on our website.